Saturday, November 26, 2011

Things Everyone Should Own

I love to make lists, I don't know why. Well, I'm not very organized and I stress, so making lists really helps me get my thoughts in order. Enough about the reason I make lists and get on with the list! I linked a product to everything on this list... Enjoy! 

So I have compiled a list of things I find most useful.

1. One solid pair of cowboy boots Oh, the Texan in me.
2. A simple black blazer These are very useful because they're so versatile.
3. A simple and classic peacoat 
4. Black flats! I use these almost everyday! My mom always nags that I need to change my shoes, but when in doubt wear black flats. I personally love steve madden or nine west flats. 
5. The very essential black dress 
6. Lace dress! I love these! 
7. A great clutch 
8. One very large tote I personally love marc by marc jacobs standard supply nylon totes because they last forever, don't go out of style and come in every color. Large totes=mary poppin magical/endless/bottomless bag 
9. A simple skirt that can be used for any occasion. I have this blue skirt from BCBG that I always use when I don't know what to wear. 
10. A signature piece of jewelry... You know that jewelry that your mom kept from the 80's, yeah, that stuff is great. Although, you can always make your own. The other day, I decided to make a little cowboy boot charm, it was easy, cheap and simple. I also love that it represents a very important part of my life. 
11. Scarves! I personally love Marc Jacobs cashmere scarves because they are only $50 and the softest thing in the world. I love wearing scarves because they are practical and stylish. 

Things I keep in my purse at all times!
1. An umbrella Keep this in your bag because the weather can always turn on you.
2. Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm or Rosebud Salve I have tried everything to beat the dry winter, but nothing beats these two. 
3. Roll on perfume You never know!
4. Tampons So typical, but you also don't want an accident to happen. 
5. A great book... I am currently reading The Cat's Cradle 
6. A small notepad/journal I like to write, a lot.
7. An agenda! I forget everything....

(marc jacobs nylon totes= mary poppins) 
courtesy of neiman marcus 


No comments:

Post a Comment